New Home › Forums › Course Ideas & Outlines › The Happy Depressive: Refined
February 22, 2016 at 7:52 pm #18160
1) WHAT is the eCourse all about that you’re inspired to create?
The Happy Depressive: An experiment in living happily ever after, with depression.
2) Out of all the options, WHY are you most excited to create this eCourse?
Because I have been aching to create something for years that:
* Aligns with my purpose- to experience love and acceptance of self and others.
* Uses my talents- coaching, writing, disseminating information, providing solutions and creativity
* Feels totally authentic- I can be totally honest and transparent about my ongoing depression and not have to be the “perfect, happy, shiny” coach that I always told myself I needed to be to be successful and in service.
* Ethical- I’m not having to provide answers, I am facilitating them to find their own answers, their own prescription for happiness and health.
3) Describe WHO you are creating this eCourse for.
For people like me: Insightful, self-aware, spiritual people who have struggled with depression for years, have tried everything and get frustrated with and overwhelmed by depression. They have experienced shame for being the way they are and just want to be happy and “normal”. They are willing to do anything to end the pain but are probably skeptical and doubtful that anything will work for them. They have lost faith in their ability to complete things and know they need accountability and assistance to make real change.
4) Describe the TRANSFORMATION or benefits they’ll receive by going through your eCourse.
They will learn to accept depression as a gift, as a part of their lives, to see how they create and exacerbate depression, how they create and cultivate happiness, how to stop the cycles of pain and become a person who has a meaningful, peaceful life that they love.
5) Using your skills and resources, HOW do you intend to facilitate the ultimate transformation?
Through teaching inquiry, coaching, having them journal, group calls, a buddy system, connecting to creativity, music, healing arts, podcasts, videos and my writing.
6) If your eCourse was a person, how would you describe its PERSONALITY or VIBES?
A down-to-earth, authentic, coloquial, brutally honest, swearing, casual, soulful, beautiful, yoga-gear-comfy, funny, truth-teller who can see into your soul, hold a mirror up to it and then open its arms to embrace you as see your reflection and fall down in a puddle of every emotion it evokes.February 23, 2016 at 1:05 pm #18244
Bradley MorrisMountain Guide@bradleytmorris
Absolutely beautiful @carlene. I love the outline you have here. This is going to be such a gift and I can see how confident you are in the topic from reading this.
You are definitely ready to go flush out the next layers at Creatora Heights. Way to go!February 23, 2016 at 11:53 pm #18291
Thank you!!! Every time I think I can’t take the next step because I’m not ready, the videos encourage me to just keep going. Thank you!!!February 24, 2016 at 5:12 pm #18355
Andy FreistMountain Guide@andyfreist
LOL – we always tend to be FAR more ready than we give ourselves credit for. Good job with continuing to put one foot in front of the other 🙂February 26, 2016 at 11:34 pm #18585
My mentor Marie Forleo teaches the concept called Start Before You Ready, this is the best teaching I have ever encountered! We can be stuck in perfectionism zone for a long time and it causes stagnant energies and depression! Great job on moving on an allowing yourself not to be perfect)
I love the clarity that you have in this post, this course will help many to come out of that soul sucking period of life called depression. Our natural state is to be happy!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.